Wednesday, August 11, 2010

National Burial Index

I've been checking a few entries on the National Burial Index tonight. Two of the records I couldn't relate to any other details I already hold so they are down as two new people which have been put on the Miscellaneous Tree database. One was a Henry HOOKINS who was buried in Cardiff in 1907 aged 61 having lived in the Union Workhouse, another was Elizabeth HOOKINS who was buried 12 Jan 1701 at Taunton but no details of age appear there. A James HOOKINS was buried 27 Jan 1815 aged 4 in Mitcham which I am pretty sure relates to a James on a very small Tree (2R). Another James buried 13 Aug 1828 in Brompton Ralph Somerset I already know about as he is on my own Tree and another Elizabeth was buried 16 May 1817 aged 8 months at Mitcham which I can reasonably tie into an individual record I already hold. The last one was an Ida HOOKINS the information for whom enabled me to locate her birth so I will order that certificate to find out parents' details and so hopefully position her into a Tree.
So a bit of a mixed bag but at least some new information was found.

No comments: