Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Some Hookins Interlopers Identified

In my Hookins Family History records there are 126 family units and a total of 553 individuals who don't belong to a particular Tree because I haven't located a link. I have completed a check of all of these Miscellaneous families and by reference to Census and birth, marriage and death details I have been able to identify quite a few as other names like HOSKINS where poor writing by the person who completed the transcribing for the Census or other record has been continued into other records. So I've found more than 100 who could not be confirmed as HOOKINS although it is quite possibe that some of the HOOKINGS could be as it's a mistranscription which often occurs. Part of the probem of Family History is that all original records are created by humans whom we thank for their help in transcription but these are always open to that dreaded "human error" which affects us all.

No comments: