Sunday, July 17, 2011

Gertrude HOOKINS (Tree 3N)



There are only 2 ladies in my Hookins records who have had the name Gertrude. This Gertrude is the one missing from the photo of the last posting for the family of Alfred and Alice HOOKINS as she was not born until 1920 the youngest of 9 children. I understand that she was also known as "Fred" as she hated her name. There is a story that when she was to be born her parents put different names into a hat and one of the brothers thought it would be funny to put in Gertrude and that was the name pulled out! I have been informed that she married Arthur OUGHAM thought to have been in 1954 in Ealing. She is pictured here in a photo thought to have been taken in 1983 with her grandson Bradley SCOTT who now lives in Australia and with whom I am in contact. If that year is incorrect he will let us know as I do not wish to make any comment about his potential age from more recent pictures I have seen!! Best wishes Brad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1983 it is. Location was 10, Court Lodge Rd, Gillingham.

Always a good read, Bob!