Saturday, June 26, 2010

No progress there then!

Despite the recent rise in the cost of getting certificates (now £9.50) from the General Register Office I still order those which will hopefully answer questions rather than pose new ones. I was intrigued by an Elizabeth Ann from my own Tree (A) whom I thought had possibly married in 1880 but was found in the 1881 Census still using her maiden name. So I ordered the marriage certificate only to find that she is not the same Elizabeth Ann although both fathers had the same name of William! I now believe that the one I am looking for married in 1887 but I now need to get the birth certificate for the other to find out where she belongs.
For another certificate I wanted to prove that two John Hookins' I was looking at were actually one and the same as his former wife had died. There was a death of the Ann HOOKIN(G)S name I was searching for in 1844 but now I have the death certificate I find it relates to a baby who died at 3 weeks of age oh Whooping Cough. Her father registered the death so that's another family started! - and I'm no clearer on the two John's!
Never mind - more information gained - just not the bits I was looking for!

No comments: