Thursday, April 8, 2010

Welcome to Hookins Links

Welcome to this new blog site for anyone interested in the Hookins name. I have studying the family links of the Hookins name since about 1980 and have now accumulated information on more than 1500 people who hold/have held the Hookins name. I have allocated these into almost 400 family units and where these links constitute 8-10 people the families have been included in one of 29 Trees. Those people with a lower number of links than that or where they are completely unconnected at present are held in a Miscellaneous database. These number about one-third of the names so I hope that this website will enable some discussion and sharing of information to allocate some of these to their true home. I continue the research and amazingly still find Hookins people out there past and present whom I have never come across before. I have checked through Census records both in the UK and the USA and in so doing have noted those who could be Hookins but are suspect due to the enumerator's handwriting. There are other databases I have and continue to look at from time to time. I collect certificates and other documents (originals or copies are always welcome to add to the collection) as well as photographs of Hookins people and aspects of their lives which are also such valuable things to have copies of. I will endeavour to share some of these on this website although for those who are living I will seek permission before displaying them. It is my intention to group these into the different Trees for ease of reference as well. This site will replace the myfamily.com site which was by invitation only. I hope you enjoy periodically dipping into the site. Contact, information and comments from you will be gratefully received.
Bob Hookins

1 comment:

Tim, Sharon & Nathanael Tretheway said...

You first blog post looks great...well done
Looking forward to reading more!
Make sure you post it on facebook too!
Sharon